Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Started a New Diet Yesterday

Yep, I did.

A little over a year ago I went on an 11 day diet. During those 11 days, I lost 23 pounds. Not bad for 11 days eh? After the 11 day period, I didn't diet again. I didn't even weigh myself again until yesterday.

So when I woke up yesterday morning, I jumped right on the scale. I had decided to do this diet again and wanted to know a couple of things, - what is my starting weight as I begin this diet, and how much had I gained back from the first time I went on this diet.

I did not gain even one pound back in the little over one year that I had been on the diet. I have been able to maintain beautifully. By just making a few adjustments to my daily eating regime, I have been able to keep off the 23 pounds I lost. And that is certainly great news.

No, I didn't take away the chocolate I love so much, my once a week fast food frenzy, chocolate ice cream, chips, etc. In sum, all foods that I like, I have still eaten. I've learned it is not so much about what I eat, but HOW I eat that makes the difference. I have always eaten junk food in moderation. Most days I am not a heavy eater at all. My metabolism is just not doing its job properly (I also have hypo-thyroid disease as well as chronic anemia) I am a walking proof it works. And nothing else has ever worked for me.

No comments: