Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Been Too Long

Wow, I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. A lot has happened since then.

I am in the studio recording my first CD. I am a singer/songwriter and am looking forward to completing the CD this year and then touring. It's been a challenging road but worth every drop of sweat and blood.

I stopped updating my blog because my computer crashed and I went into a bit of a depression after that. The disc on which I had saved all of my cross stitch design files was corrupt and so I was unable to retrieve all of the designs I had created (over 50 designs). I had to walk away for a while and ponder my next move.

After taking a much needed hiatus from designing, I am happy to say I am back at it again and better than ever. I have switched from publishing printed patterns to electronic patterns. The costs associated with publishing and printing has risen and I would have had to increase my prices, which I did not want to do. Postal mail is also on the rise which was also a factor in my decision.

Electronically sending you the patterns you have purchased has several pros. I can sell my patterns to you for less and get them to you faster.

The same amount of time is dedicated to creating my designs. I haven't sacrificed quality. In fact, I have grown as a designer and I am very happy with the new counted cross stitch designs.

You can get more information from my "How to Order" page on my site - Moonlight Inspirations.

The patterns are sent to you electronically via e-mail in PDF format within 48 hours of receiving your payment (most are sent within 4 hours). You just need to have the free program called Adobe Reader installed on your computer (most people already have this installed).

PDF format is so easy for the stitcher to use. You open the pattern with Adobe Reader and can make the chart any size you wish and then print it out. Bam. That's it.

Please don't make copies of your purchased patterns and give them away to people. This hurts my bottom line and I don't make much money from this business as it is. If somebody you know likes a pattern, please send them to my website so they can purchase the pattern themselves. I appreciate your understanding. :-)

So hurry over to Moonlight Inspirations and check out the new designs I have added. I hope you like them as much as I liked creating them.

You can also find Moonlight Inspirations at Patterns Online.

No comments: