Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Counted Cross Stitch Designs

Yes, it has been a month since we released our last counted cross stitch design. What is the hold up you ask? Well, we have four counted cross stitch models back from our stitchers but I still need to decide on the embellishments. It can be a difficult decision since there are so many wonderful beads, buttons and charms from which to choose. Often size is a factor. I have been having some difficulties locating a rubber duck button small enough for a particular design and the others I am just waiting for them to arrive in the mail. After the embellishments have been added, the designs will need to be framed and photographed so I estimate they will be available for viewing on our site in June.

If you have never tried counted cross stitch but would love to learn, be sure to visit our Learn to Cross Stitch page. You will be stitching away before you know it!

Quite often, there is one particular part of a cross stitch design which I find challenging. Earlier, it was the red pepper. This morning, it is a grouping of three small pineapples. Because they are relatively small, I am discovering that providing the detailing is more difficult than I originally anticipated. I did a bit of work on them earlier but have turned back to finish my dodo bird who is behaving himself wonderfully. If you were a dodo bird, what would you say?

To backstitch or not to backstitch. That is often a question I agonize over. I really enjoy backstitching. Not just the look of it after it is complete, but I actually love doing the backstitching. Some parts of a design are obviously in need of backstitching while others lurk in that shade of grey. Some areas I have decided to backstitch can easily be left out by the stitcher if they prefer the no backstitch look or simply dislike doing backstitching.

Back to my dodo! No...my husband is at work, I meant the design. ;-) LOL

No comments: