Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Counted Cross Stitch Inspirations

Showers of Affection was my first counted cross stitch design. It is a simple design using a small handful of colours and includes an XOX pink heart button from Just Another Button Company.

When my daughter was about 3 years old, she asked me why it rained. She had been a little down because it was raining outside and we couldn't go out to play. At first I explained the process of rainfall in detail but that didn't seem to make her feel any better. I then smiled and told her that life needed water to thrive and be happy and the rain was God's love sprinkling down upon all living things.

And so Showers of Affection was born.

Now, every time it rains, my daughter smiles and says, "Look mom. God's sprinkling His love again". I reply, "God always sprinkles His love sweetheart. Sometimes it's just harder to see".

No comments: